A wrap-up of my time spent creating Annotated Container.
Part 2 of a 3-part series introducing a dependency injection framework named Annotated Container. In this article, I go into detail how to solve three common problems working with Annotated Container; dealing with multiple aliases, injecting non-object values, and integrating with third-party services that can't be annotated.
Part 1 of a 3-part series introducing a dependency injection framework powered by PHP 8 Attributes. This article provides some motivations behind the library and basic usage.
An amazing thing happened in my career, and I'm excited to tell you about it!
Recently social media has been talking about an HBO Max intern that sent an integration testing email to their production mailing list. The focus of a lot of this attention has been on the intern themselves. However, we should be placing more scrutiny on HBO's reaction to this problem.
While reviewing popular PHP frameworks I ran into some problems customizing the default App namespace commonly used in project scaffolding. This article talks about how to customize the namespace for a Symfony app to ensure expected functionality in a new setup still works.
I recently got invited to Polywork, a new take on a professional social network. In this article I talk about why I really like Polywork and some of the reasons I think it is better than LinkedIn.
I ran into some problems creating an integration test in an Amp powered application that needed to establish a connection to a database. Not finding a suitable solution with PHPUnit or existing testing frameworks I started writing my own with first-class support for asynchronous PHP.
2020 was an absolutely crazy, awful year. Unfortunately it followed up what was the worst year of my life in 2019. In this article I talk about my experiences with the pandemic and why my blog has been quiet.
My original blog was hosted on cspray.net. Unfortunately, I made a beginner mistake and forgot to renew my website. I thought it was lost forever but eventually I was able to get it back.
In a deployment to our production application we discovered a long-standing bug that had only just now decided to show itself. Tracking down what was wrong I discovered a value that was simultaneously being treated as true and false!
My mom was diagnosed with terminal cancer and became bed-ridden. I cared for her while she died a painful, degrading death. In this article I talk about something I take for granted but can be taken from you…using the bathroom.
I've grown weary of having my entire online existence under surveillance so companies can attempt to squeeze as much revenue out of me as possible. In this revenue I talk about the problem and what I think we can do to help fix it.
While writing unit tests for Amp I discovered a way PHPUnit could be modified to reduce amount of boilerplate. This article talks about contributions I made to the amphp-phpunit-util wrapper to make testing with Amp a lot easier!